Sunday, January 20, 2008

Now, todays update

The last post was actually written 3 days ago. But anyway. Tye seems to be doing much better. The vet came out again yesterday and decided to put her on a diuretic. I'm hand walking her for 20-30 minutes in the outdoor arena. I think it's more of a workout for me then her, she seems totally bored by the whole thing. I'm also hosing her leg down for about 10 minutes after the walk. The water is pretty cold this time of year, but she stands nicely, so it probably feels good. All in all, the swelling seemed to have gone down some today, so that's fabulous news!

Peter let me ride his horse Pinocchio. He's not totally broke and before I rode him yesterday he hadn't been ridden since last June when Peter broke his hip. But what an amazing horse. He has the most perfect, smooth, relaxing gates I've ever ridden. It's like you forget there's a horse under you and just enjoy the sheer feeling of floating above the ground. I never feel uncomfortable on him, even when he's messing around. And he's such a goof ball. He has to look at everything, sniff everything. I guess I'll be riding him until Tye gets better.

I really love everyone at the barn. So many people have offered to let me ride their horses. It's so nice that people trust me that much. It means a lot. Granted, most of them are horses I've ridden or shown before, but two of them aren't. It makes me feel good about my ability to ride. Or at least, the ability some others perceive me as possessing.

I realized after my ride today how much riding is ingrained in every part of my soul. I have been pretty cranky since Monday and finding Tye's leg all swollen. I attributed it mostly to my worry over her wellbeing. But I realized it's more then that. I get cranky and mopey when I don't ride. I mean, i'm used to riding almost every day. It's my meditation and sometimes (sadly) the only decent exercise I get during my busy days. It's my get away from all the stress and craziness that goes on in my life. The one place and time I can just relax and be myself. I am so at home at the barn I might as well live there.

Well, i've spent the last hour or so setting up this blog and otherwise messing around on the internet. It's time I got back to homework. ugg. I have SO much to do. This was a 3 day weekend and I managed to get nothing done. At least I still have tomorrow... Not as if that helps when I have a 500 page novel to read and questions about it to answer. As well as studying for my History final... and all the lovely, exciting, mentally stimulating reading that goes along with that. What drugs was I on when I decided to take two intercession classes?!?!

No comments: